Review | Nudestix Pencils




Until recently beauty brand Nudestix was only available from a few select places in the UK. Now it’s easier than ever to get your hands on their makeup crayons. I already have the Nudestix Sculpting Pencil which I loved the idea of but found the darkest contour colour slightly too light for my tanned skin. I’ve now been able to get my hands on the Concealer Pencil in Light 2, Blur Pencil and Lip + Cheek Pencils in Whisper, Purity and Kiss - which all retail at £24 each - thanks to Lookfantastic*. 


The brand was created by sisters and models Ally and Taylor Frankel with their mother Jenny Frankel. The 3 are pretty knowledgeable in beauty industry and mother Jenny has over 20 years experience working with beauty brands including helping develop products for MAC and Cover FX. Ally and Taylor say they like to keep it simple when it comes to applying makeup in everyday life and prefer a natural, barely-there face. Their brand has grown from strength to strength expanding into a variety of lip products, eye pencils and bronzing crayons to name a few. Their products are designed to be an easy way to enhance features without covering your skin in makeup. They’re made with skin-loving ingredients like Shea Butter and Vitamin E too. 



I love anything that makes applying makeup simple and these crayons are great for on-the-go application. Each crayon comes in a tin with a built-in mirror and a sharpener so it's easy to throw them in your bag for easy touch ups during the day. Ally and Taylor prefer to apply products with their hands and these crayons mean there’s no need for brushes. You literally just dab on and blend with your fingertips. The crayons here (apart from the blur pencil) have a creamy texture and give a good amount of coverage. The concealer is far too light for my skin (I’d probably need one of the medium tones) and it looks a little ashy on me as a highlighter too. It does help with covering dark areas but the colour is so off for me this pencil probably won’t see much use. The blur pencil is supposed to smoothe pores, lines and wrinkles but I didn't see much of a difference on my skin. I love the lip + cheek pencils apply easily and actually last fairly well too. Whisper is probably a tad lighter than what I’d normally go for but all of the shades work perfectly for my skintone and cover my darkly pigmented lips well. Purity and Kiss matte formulas but are still moisturising on the skin. I definitely prefer these products on my lips rather than cheeks, but it's great to have a multifunctional product so it's one less thing to carry around with me.


It is refreshing to see a brand which embraces the natural look and have provided a simplified way of wearing makeup to enhance rather than cover up our features. I utterly love the concept but I get that £24 can seem pretty pricey for a single pencil so if you're buying from directly from the brand's here you can get 10% off orders with the code 'FRESHLENGTHS10'.


*samples - read my disclaimer here.

Have you tried Nudestix before?

Lesley x