Glowwbox | October 2016


It's been a minute since I reviewed a box from beauty subscription service Glowwbox so I thought I'd share what's inside October's 'Dark and Mysterious' edition (£15+P&P)*.

Inside this box are two new launches to the UK - the Andre Walker Hair TKO Ultimate Moisture Conditioner (£14.99) and the Mixed Chicks in the Mix Dual Quick Stick Foundation (£16.99). Also inside is Eye of Horus Goddess Pencil in Scarab Sapphire (£15), Lucy Annabella Date Night Organic Bath Milk (full size £43) and Saturated Colour Multitasker in Seductive Damson (£3.50) and there's one of three products - Benecos Natural Quattro Eyeshadow in Beautiful Eyes (£6.95), PHB Ethical Brightening Moisturiser and Palmer's Cocoa Butter Formula (£18.95). In my box was the Benecos eyeshadow palette.


The star of this box for me is the Andre Walker Hair TKO Ultimate Moisture Conditioner which launches officially in the UK next month. Creator Andre Walker was Oprah's personal stylist for over 25 years, styled Michelle Obama and created Halle Berry's signature pixie cut. I received the TKO Conditioner from Glowwbox a few weeks ago and I just love it. Deep conditioners are my favourite hair products to use and this is up there with my all time favourites. It has a really thick texture, actually the consistency is probably the thickest I've come across and it's quite hard to spread at first but once it's applied it melts into the hair and makes it feel so hydrated. It's made with Mongongo, Argan and Avocado oils as well as Aloe Vera and keratin. I've been using this product both as a deep conditioner and a styler. I usually apply to damp strands after shampooing, leave in for 20-30 minutes and then lightly rinse it out so there's still a little left in my hair. My hair feels gorgeous when I use this and seems to stay moisturised for longer. I can't wait for this to launch officially but it's available exclusively from Glowwbox until the end of the month.


I was also sent a few of the Mixed Chicks In the Mix Quick Sticks to try. It's a dual ended product with a cream foundation on one end and a bronzer on the other. There's 5 shades altogether and one shade is included in this month's box. Since I last reviewed Glowwbox they've introduced a way of tailoring the box to you as you can now fill in a profile which takes a few details about your skintone, skin type, hair type and the kind of products you like. Glowwbox will try to select the best shade for you based on your profile details. There are only 5 shades however which is pretty limited but Mixed Chicks state that you can mix and match between the shades to get your perfect tone. For years I've had to mix foundations together to try and get them to work for my skintone and I think the brand has missed a trick by creating such a small range of shades, especially as the lightest shade Sultry Sand (which has been created for fair to light complexions) is too dark and quite orange for me. Perhaps they'll add more shades a later stage but as they didn't work for me I gave the shades I had to my mum (who is much darker than me) and she absolutely loves the dual function of the sticks. The shade Timeless Tawny (created for fair to light complexions with a golden undertone) is pictured as I didn't have the other shades available when taking these photos but hopefully the swatch can give you an idea on whether this shade would work for you.

I've not yet tested out the other products included in this month's box but have included swatches here of the cosmetic products. I very rarely take the time to indulge with a nice bath but I'll reach for the included sample of Lucy Ananabella Bath Milk when I do. It seems quite luxurious and you can really smell the essential oils in this product.

(swatches top to bottom) Saturated Colour Multitasker in Seductive Damson, Eye of Horus Goddess Pencil in Scarab Sapphire, Benecos Natural Quattro Eyeshadow in Beautiful Eyes and Mixed Chicks in the Mix Dual Quick Stick Foundation in Timeless Tawny (bronzer and foundation)

You can join Glowwbox here and if you're interested code 'FRESHL' gets you the October edition and 2 lace chokers like the one below (whilst stocks last) 


*sample - read my disclaimer here.

Have you tried a beauty box subscription?

Lesley x